Following the release of geocoding and isolines for Google BigQuery, and the new layout for the Settings, we’re adding new trackers for quotas in Workspace so users can understand and predict their consumption.
We added a new “CARTO for Developers” section, including:
- Existing quota: Applications, for applications created using Workspace
- A new quota: Tokens, for tokens generated using the Tokens API
We also added a new “Location Data Services” section, including tracking for Geocoding and Isolines operations. These quotas are reset every month, and each unit represents a row processed.
Finally, the “Connections” quota was removed, and will be gradually removed so users can create as many connections as needed without any warnings.
October 18, 2022
Continuing our efforts to improve our sign up and login processes, we’re now launching a new experience. Users should be able to join CARTO in a more smooth way with these new additions:
- A screen now will offer users the chance to create a new organization or join an existing one if there are users from the same domain.
- The list of organizations to join now has details about the users, the plan and a search bar to find the desired organization.
- When you request to join an organization you can now cancel that request (if it was undesired or the admin is unresponsive).
- When following an invitation the signup form will now be already pre-filled.
- The process to join an organization is now simpler with less steps.
- Multiple bug fixes and minor improvements.
Starting today, it is available to all users the possibility of generating both Spatial Index and Point Aggregation tilesets on their own data tables directly from the Data Explorer UI. This feature complements the existing workflow, with the possibility of generating tilesets of large datasets based on spatial index (H3 and quadbin) and points, by defining aggregations on the interested features. The platform detects automatically if the table is based on spatial indexes or points and provides the new options in the “Create Tileset” wizard.
September 15, 2022
We have improved the layout in the Settings section in the CARTO Workspace; providing a better way to organize different areas by topic and providing a smoother interface for explaining the different Settings options for your CARTO account.
September 7, 2022
As part of an active taskforce to improve our sign up and login processes, we have now released an improved interface for Admin users to manage invitations to join the CARTO organization and to manage user requests to join it.
August 26, 2022
We are very excited to announce that users of Google BigQuery can now geocode their tables with address data and create trade areas around locations based on drive/walk time isolines natively from their data warehouse. These procedures call external location data service providers such as TomTom, HERE and Mapbox. Please check the SQL Reference of our Analytics Toolbox for BigQuery for more details, and also refer to our examples on how to geocode your data and create isolines.
Note that these functionalities are also enabled from the Data Explorer and Builder tools.